Background: The views and perceptions of health care professionals concerning type 2 diabetes mellitus care may influence patient outcomes. Awareness of these views/perceptions is an essential pre-requisite prior to undertaking any educational program.
Target population: primary health care physicians, diabetologists, endocrinologists, and internists, in both the public and private sectors, and national societies.
Objectives of the study:
- To assess the views and perceptions of primary and hospital-based health care professionals, and medical staff and their trainees in the Mediterranean region regarding type 2 diabetes mellitus as related to:
- Organization of care
- Clinical issues relating to diagnosis and complications
- Attitudes to diabetes, obesity, and weight control
- Use of clinical guidelines
- To assess in addition:
- The level of knowledge of health care professionals
- Their perception of the disease, and
- To provide an educational baseline picture to allow the drawing up of dedicated educational programs designed for the region.
To fulfill these objectives, the participants will fill in a questionnaire (online or paper). All participants are asked to invite their medical staff to participate.
MGSD-Education Study Group:
• Prof Charles Savona-Ventura
• Prof Mohamed Khattab
• Prof Nebojsa Lalic
• Prof Stavros Liatis
• Prof Filipe Raposi
• Prof Pedro Conthe
To fill in the online questionnaire, please click on the links below:
In English: www.mgsd-education.org
In Portuguese: www.mgsd-education.pt
In French: www.mgsd-education.fr
In Spanish: www.mgsd-education.es