● Medical degree, Athens University Medical School (1994).
● 1999 – 2004: Specialization in Internal Medicine at the First Department of Propaedeutic Medicine, Laiko General Hospital.
● Specialty: Internal Medicine (2004).
● 2006: Training at the Department of Metabolic Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College, London, UK.
● PhD (2002), Scientific Associate (2004), Lecturer (2007), Assistant Professor (2012), Athens University Medical School.
● Member, Hellenic Society of Internal Medicine, Hellenic Medical Association for Obesity, Hellenic Diabetes Association, Association for the Study of the Diabetic Foot, European Association for the Study (EASD). Member of the executive board, Hellenic Medical Association for Obesity (2007 – 2009).
● Member of the Organizing Committee in 1 International and 15 Greek congresses, and of the Scientific Committee in 8 Greek and 2 international congresses.
● Session chairman in 20 Greek and 5 international congresses and seminars. 101 invited lectures in Greek and 4 in international congresses and seminars.
● Co investigator in 7 international clinical trials.
● Research: A. 110 abstracts in Greek congresses, 5 full papers in Greek medical journals. B. 118 abstracts in international congresses, 51 full papers in peer review international medical journals, 1325 literature citations, h-index: 19.
● Research activity focuses, among others, on the pathogenesis and treatment of obesity, the neurohormonal mechanisms regulating hunger and satiety, energy expenditure at rest and during physical activity, diabetes mellitus and its complications.
Alexander Kokkinos, Assistant Professor in Internal Medicine – Obesity
Athens University Medical School
First Department of Propaedeutic Medicine
Laiko General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Tel.: +30 213 2061248
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com