E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor of Medicine, Professor of Medicine
- Professor and Head of the Department of Internal Medicine. Head of the Unit of Diabetes, Metabolism & Immunology. Alexandria Faculty of Medicine, Ramleh Station, Alexandria, Egypt
- Senior Consultant of the Health Insurance Authority (HIA) of Alexandria and North West Delta Region.
- Consultant Diabetologist of the HIA Diabetic Centers (56 000 adult patients).
- Consultant Diabetologist of the Diabetic Center of the Alexandria Student Hospital (3100 patients – children & adolescents).
- Head of the University Diabetes Center (1000 patients).
- Member of the Board of Direction of « St Takla » Hospital (Non Profit Organization).
- President of the Board of Direction of « House of Grace » Hospital (Non Profit Organization).
- WHO Consultant for Diabetes Education (EMRO Region).
- WHO Consultant (EMRO Region) & Visiting Professor to the Sfax Faculty of Medicine, Tunisia (in the domain of Behçet’s Disease).
Special Area of Interest and Expertise:
Diabetes & Metabolism. Immunology. Epidemiology. Patients’ education.
- MB.Ch.B Alexandria University, 1971.
- Workshop on Chemical Hazards Preventive & Resuscitation Measures, 1973.
- DM (Internal Medicine) Alexandria University, 1973.
- MD Thesis, Mission to the Wilhelm Pieck University, Rostock, Germany, 1975-76.
- Workshops & Training on Immunological Techniques.
- Central Research Laboratory in UK, USA and Germany from 1975 to 1978.
- Diploma on Fundamentals of Educational Practice, Faculty of Pedagogy, Alexandria University, 1981.
- Workshop on Application of Educational Practice, Faculty of Pedagogy, Alexandria University, 1981.
- Training Workshops on Education, Alexandria University, 1980-1982.
- MD (Doctor Degree in Internal Medicine) Alexandria University, 1982.
- Post Doctoral Mission (immunology, immunogenesis, immunogenetics, diabetology, lipidology), Paris University, France: 1983-84,
- Repeated visits to the Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Rostock University, Rostock, Germany, 1985-1995
- Member of 22 medical national or international societies
- Member of 14 para-medical societies and non Medical NGOs
- Foundation & President of the Board of Direction (PBD) of St Takla Hospital since 1986.
- Foundation & PBD of House of Grace Hospital since 1993. This hospital and the precedent one, are institutions serving poor population.
- Foundation of the Egyptian Group for Medical Ethics.
- Foundation of the Diabetes Scouts Project.
- Co-foundation of the Egyptian Group for the Study of Diabetes
- Co-foundation of the Diabetes & Atherosclerosis Patient Welfare Society
- Co-foundation of the Egyptian Association of Intensive Care Medicine
- Staff Member of the French Filial of the Alexandria Faculty of Medicine
Editorial boards and Publications
- Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the Egyptian Association of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism since 2000
- Assessor-reviewer of the APLAR Journal of Rheumatology and of the International Journal Arthritis Research & Therapy.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of the Georgian Association of Diabetes and the Medical Journal of Azerbaijan.
More than 150 publications in scientific journals
Author or co-author of 10 books books related to diabetes and metabolism