Name: Azar Atallah
First name: Chawki
Address: Hadira – Beit el Chaar; Road C1500 Building 1507
Phone: Landline: 00 961 4 542 077 and 00961 4 542 078 – Mobile: 00 961 3 704 895 – e-mail: email@example.com
Date and place of birth: February 3, 1958; Ghidras, Lebanon
Nationality: Lebanese and French
Marital status: Married since 1985 – Four children
Languages spoken: Arabic, French and English
Primary & secondary at les Frères des Ecoles Chrétiennes
Baccalaureate (experimental sciences) in 1975
1977: Admitted to the Medical School of Saint Joseph University
(U.S.J.) Beirut – Lebanon
Diplomas & training
1984: Graduated as Medical Doctor (U.S.J.)
1984: Fellowship in Endocrinology
1984-86: Teaching professor at the nurses school at U.S.J.
1986-1987: Fellowship in Endocrinology at the Saint-Joseph Hospital – Paris -France
1987: Graduated in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolic diseases from U.S.J.
1987: Graduated in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolic diseases from the Academia of Paris – René Descartes University
1987-1988: Assistant at the diabetic and endocrinology department – Saint-Joseph Hospital in Paris
1987-1989: Chief intensive care night staff in the Diabetes Department of Hôtel-Dieu Hospital in Paris.
1988: Member of a European multicenter study about the use of pro-insulin in type 1 diabetes.
1988: One-year training in thyroid scintiscanning at the Cochin Hospital in Paris
– Part-time general practitioner in the Endocrinology Department of the Hôtel Dieu de France in Beirut (Lebanon) since 1989
– Part-time general practitioner in the Endocrinology Department of the Nôtre-Dame de Secours in Jbeil (Lebanon) 1990-2009
- Head of Department 1999 – 2001
- Head of Department 2003 – 2008
* Medical school of the U.S.J. in Beirut, Lebanon
– Endocrinology – 3rd-4th year medical students
– Endocrine therapy – 6th year medical students
– Practical work – 3rd year medical students.
* Training of interns & fellows in the Endocrinology Department.
* Teaching professor at the midwives’ school of the U.S.J.
* Teaching professor at the nurses’ school of the U.S.J.
* Teaching professor at the pharmacy school of the U.S.J.
– Lebanese Society of Endocrinology
– President elect of the Lebanese Society of Endocrinology (2010)
– Member of the Executive Board of the Mediterranean Group for the Study of Diabetes (MGSD)
– Member of the national advisory board on Victoza
Main fields of interest:
Diabetes mellitus, thyroid gland, pituitary gland